March 21st Ministry Update
Here is a list of some ministry items. Other ministry activities not listed here are also in the works.
- The Sunday Worship Service—including prayers, Scripture readings, hymns, sermon and blessing—will be posted as a video by 10 AM, every Sunday morning. It will be posted to: AW’s Facebook page, my Facebook page, AW’s website and (eventually) YouTube. You can then watch it at your leisure... even if you sleep in late!
- A socially-isolated Communion system is being designed and will be in place for the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month. Details to follow later. By the way: PLEASE don’t give yourself Communion at home—that’s not something Christians do.
- I have a spreadsheet of all the names and numbers I have from church; I will be phone calling (or otherwise communicating with) each of you—different people each day. It’s to keep in touch, see how you’re doing, offer support and say a short prayer. I plan to do this as long as this isolation continues. (By the way: Don’t be surprised if society has to be isolated, not for just a few weeks, but for months).
- I continue to work at my office at church, as usual, Tuesday through Sunday morning. Sometimes, I may be working at my home office. You are welcome to call or text or Facetime me when you need to talk to a pastor. Ask me, if you want those phone numbers.
- There will be live options for us to be together via our computers and smartphones. The plan is to have multiple live bible classes on different topics (that you can participate in) available at different times and days throughout the week. Also, there will be scheduled web “meetings” where there is nothing on the agenda, but where we can tune in just to spend some time with each other as a church family. Details on these live options to follow later.
- On Tuesday, I was added as a webmaster to AW’s website. I have begun to progressively refresh and rearrange our website... especially to make sermons, devotions and other content I produce available at the click of a mouse.
- If you look at the March calendar, you’ll see that I have multiple vacation days scheduled. That’s a bust: My vacation is cancelled indefinitely, so my regular work schedule is now in effect.
If I missed something, I’ll probably mention it later. In the meantime, there is work to do and opportunities to be seized. You know what’s good? That, thanks to our Lord God, everything is going to be alright!
God Bless Us,